Monday, July 16, 2007

I know what I'm doing on Saturday, do you?


I feel as if I've been living and breathing all things Harry Potter. To get ready for our Harry Potter Midnight Release Party, I've been re-reading all the books. I finished Book 6 at 2 a.m. this morning. I've re-watched the movies multiple times this month as well, since they are on non-stop on TV right now.

I love the world of Harry Potter. I always have and re-reading the books have reminded me of how much fun and how magical they truly are. But what I love even more than that is how these books have created this huge fandom. Just take a look at all the fanfiction on www.fanfiction.net! Amazing how fans just want to create their own ideas of these characters. And then look at the different ages that have been touched by HP. My husband has read them at least a dozen times, then we have young kids who usually struggle to read eating up the series, and then we have the grandparent aged who are waiting so patiently for Saturday to come to see how Rowling is going to wrap up this momentous series. And we can all talk about the series together! This would be a great series to discuss as a family--get your cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings, and parents to read them and have a family dinner to sit, eat, and talk about some really great books.

No comments: