Monday, October 01, 2007

Meg Cabot

Since Meg Cabot is doing a live chat over at Readergirlz in just a bit, I thought I'd share with you my Cabot favorites. I have a particular fondness for Meg Cabot, since she graduated from my college (Indiana University) just before me. I think everyone pretty much knows about The Princess Diaries series, so I won't bore you with that one. My absolute favorite series was originally published under a different name--Jenny Carroll. The Mediator series focuses on Susannah and her new life in Carmel, California. She used to live in New York City, but her mom has remarried and given her a new family--all boys and her stepfather has lovingly restored an old house for the newly created family. Susannah hates all things old--especially houses. And the reader soon finds out the reason when Susannah meets Jesse, the ghost that lives in her bedroom. And that begins the first book in the series, Shadowland.
There are many more fabulous books by Meg Cabot. I hope you will take the time to check some of them out. And you Meg Cabot fans out there--what's your favorite Cabot book?


No comments: