Monday, December 31, 2007

Best Books of 2007 (imho)





Oh my garsh! It is the last day of December and I was so busy posting about The White Darkness that I nearly forgot about my "favoritest books of the year" post. It's December 31st, 2007, time to count up the number of books I read this year, and here I am without my faithful Chilly Willy notebook in which I record all those titles! Woe is I. Nonetheless, I will press on and make a list of some of my favorite teen titles of the year. I've posted about many of them in this blog before, but a brief recap of my top shining stars must include:

The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean (see previous post)

Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier (a clever re-telling of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" set in Transylvania, where the faery world meets the human world. )

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (another tale of a dark faery world colliding with the human world but quite different from the above title. This one is urban, modern, edgy, and exciting too. Who wouldn't enjoy love triangles, bitter magic, and hot male love interests?)

Quad by C.G. Watson (realistic fiction about a school shooting)

TWOC by Graham Joyce (stolen cars, a ghostly brother, and more juvenile delinquent behavior than you can shake a stick at)
and finally,




The Candy Darlings by Christine Walde ( a painful and engrossing tale of two best friends who bear the burden of an intensely cruel clique, family secrets and the comforts of fiction)



What struck your fancy in 2007?




No comments: