Saturday, May 03, 2008

New books, new books, new books at the library

I feel like I haven't posted about books in awhile. I have been reading, but the books I've been reading I have to review for journals and such, so I don't talk about them here usually.

Anyway, when books are ready to go on the library shelves, the librarians get to look at them first. That's right, we get first dibs on them! Well, unless they have holds for them, then we don't get to see them. I thought I'd let you see what's on our new book cart right now!

The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti is about Indigo, a waitress who gets a hefty tip and discovers how money can change you.

Saturday Night Dirt by Will Weaver is for those NASCAR fans out there.

Truancy by Isamu Fukui is an alternate society world novel about a city where control is through the education system and an underground movement is threatening to bring the system down. This is one I can't wait to read.

Prom Kings and Drama Queens by Dorian Cirrone is for the prom haters and lovers out there.

Exodus by Julie Bertagna is a survival science fiction story.

Compound by S.A. Bodeen has a creepy premise! Eli has lived in an underground nuclear bomb shelter for the past six years. He believes that the world he knew is gone--along with his grandmother and his twin brother. The compound was built to keep the family safe, but now they can't get out.

Shadow Speaker by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu is an African fantasy adventure story that reviewers are calling the next Ear, the Eye, and the Arm.

I hope you find some of these interesting! They can be found in the new book section at the library!

No comments: