Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Love Is Hell


Did you like Prom Nights from Hell? Well, prom night might be over but there's a new collection of supernatural stories in town. . . Love Is Hell, a collection of five paranormal love stories by big name, popular teen fiction writers. I'm not sure who edited the book--either it doesn't say or I'm too blind to see it--but it's well worth the read. My two favorite stories are Scott Westerfeld's "Stupid Perfect World" and Gabrielle Zevin's "Fan Fictions." The first is really science fiction not paranormal, but why quibble about a good read? The second. . . is it supernatural or isn't it? That's for the reader to decide. I hadn't read Zevin's fiction before but now I will be seeking her out. Each of the stories is fairly long, so you get five, fleshed-out short stories in one volume. The other three tales are by Melissa Marr (of Wicked Lovely fame, Laurie Faria Stolarz, and Justine Larbalestier. Go read Love is Hell. I bet you like it so much, you'll give Prom Nights from Hell a whirl too.

1 comment:

Pomona Joe said...

Sounds awesome. I love me dat Westerfeld.
Have you got your copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies yet?

Joe