Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grammy's 2011

So I'm a sucker for awards shows. I don't know why--especially since I seem to live in the bubble of having a toddler, so I'm not aware of what else is going on but Yo Gabba Gabba and Handy Manny (he got a new tool!) But I love live music and so does Charlie (my son), so I thought we'd watch the Grammy's together. While I personally thought that Eminem should have won a lot more than he did and Lady Antebellum were REALLY lucky this year. Anyway... I started thinking, you know we have music CDs, right? I could tell you that we have most of the Grammy winners on CD, but they're all checked out. Instead, I thought I'd mention some books about the stars who won and performed on Sunday.



The one I'm most excited about is Lady Gaga Critical Mass Fashion by Elizabeth Goodman. This new book is all about the Gaga look. If you are fascinated by Lady Gaga and her fashion, then you'll want to see this book. We also have biographies on Lady Gaga housed in our adult collection that you'll want to see.


Speaking of our adult collection, did you know that Jay-Z has an autobiography that is on the New York Times Bestseller list? Decoded looks at his lyrics and his life.


And for a completely different style of reading--a graphic novel about Eminem! Eminem: in My Skin by Barnaby Legg came out in 2004, so this is Slim Shady style Eminem, not Recovery Eminem.


Alright, so there's some reading for you to catch up on while you wait for the Oscar's later this month!

No comments: