Monday, June 27, 2011

An Awesome Book

See the book title? It says it all. Based on the blog 1000awesomethings.com, this book gives you reminders about the little things that make us happy.

It's the perfect book to bring a smile to your face --especially when you get frazzled by the heat, or work, or family. As the author says, "it's fun to stop for a minute and share a universal high five with the rest of humanity." Take a look at the handful that I picked out to share, are they some of the small joys in life that you overlook sometimes? Do they make you smile too? I think it's a universal thing.

Popping Bubble Wrap
How do you like to pop it? I'm for the stepping on it, myself. Though twisting it into a bundle is fun too. Did you know that it was originally being made for wallpaper? Can't you just imagine someone running up and shoving themselves against the wall to make it pop!

Sleeping New Bedsheets
An extra bonus feeling is if you do this right after you've been sick. You feel so much better after sleeping in fresh sheets.

The Smell of New Crayons
As an adult it brings a sense of remembrance of childhood days past -- scribbling on a Care Bears coloring book that I got for my fifth birthday.

Licking the batter off the beaters a Cake Mixer
That's actually how I like to eat brownies and cakes. Give me the liquid gooey happiness anyday. And the way you have to stretch your tongue to reach the center of the beater and end up getting batter all over your face is priceless. Hmmm, I think I should make some brownies tonight.

Laughing so Hard You make no Sound at all
Everyone has a moment in their mind like this. An extra thing that I love about this is that when you think back to that moment, you usually start laughing again. I'm doing it right now. Seriously. I'm at the reference desk chuckling to myself about lumpy milk plopping into my cereal and my husband's face when I told his grandparents that I thought the milk went bad.

Priceless.

No comments: