Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Free YA audiobooks? Yes, please!

My name is Kearsten, and I am an audiobook addict.  I listen to them in the car, on walks, at the gym, while I play video games, and as I fall asleep at night.  I check them out in CD form from the library, but more often than not, I check them out on my phone from our digital library, and, as a teen librarian, I listen to plenty of teen books.

If you, too, like teen books and would like to listen on audiobook, you must sign-up for YA SYNC!  Each summer, YA SYNC offers a new set of free audiobooks each week - one teen book and one similar adult book.  Head there today, as one of my favorite YA books, Code Name Verity, written by Elizabeth Wein, is available through tomorrow night!  Code Name Verity is a tense story of two young women, fighting the Nazis in WWII, both in her own way, and the audiobook is absolutely gorgeous.  It's paired with Corrie Ten Boom's moving and classic memoir of her Dutch family's work to hide Jews during WWII, The Hiding Place.




Don't miss out on these wonderful stories, and register with YA SYNC today to get this week's books and to sign up for text message reminders each week!

No comments: