Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Teen Review: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Our first teen review is here!  Enjoy Eunice's thoughts on Thirteen Reasons Why.  Wanna to see your own review here?  Fill out our What Did You Just Read form today!

What Did You Read? 

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I'd say this book was *mostly* about... (choose up to three)

An adventure, High school, Suicide

This book's main character(s)...

Had a rough time

If others were interested in this book, I'd tell them...

Check it out RIGHT NOW

Any other thoughts about this book?

It was very truthful, specifically about suicide and inside the mind of the one thinking about committing suicide. How could one girl get to the point of ending her own life because of some simple events? I didn't think it would be so easy to relate to such a character, but I did. And that made me love it even more. No book I've ever read has ever made me think so long and hard about to what extent you think you can handle such terrible feelings as this girl has. It'll make you think about not only yourself but about the struggles of other who face similar obstacles and how not to let rumors catch up to you. Because you're better than any rumor. And that there's always someone there for you.

Should We Know More About You?

My name is Eunice. 

I love all books in general. If you recommend to me a book you liked, I will read that. I swear, books to me are my escape from reality and a one way ticket to hoping-this-happens-to-me-in-real-life land.

No comments: