Monday, August 20, 2007

The Chocolate War


"They murdered him." That's it--the first line of the book we'll be discussing at the Teen Book Cafe, the Foothills Library's book discussion group for teens. This summer the teens selected the books they will be discussing through December. I was especially thrilled that The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier got the most votes. A classic in teen literature, this novel tells the story of Jerry Renault who dares to "disturb the universe" by refusing to sell chocolates for his school's annual fundraiser.

I particularly love that teens still want to read this book as it's the book that made me love teen literature--and want to be a teen librarian.

So come talk with me and the other teens about this book ondnesday night at 7 p.m. I'll be bringing chocolate!

No comments: