Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Demon Queen

The cover art immediately caught my eye and the description on the dust cover also appealed to me. However, once I started reading, I was disappointed. It just did not flow very well and the characters did not appeal to me. It is an interesting plot with a girl being possessed by an Indonesian goddess, who in this case was evil. Naturally there is also the hero who unbeknownst to him must save the world by defeating the evil goddess, Rangda. It seemed somewhat disjointed and just a little unbelievable. I think the author took too long in letting the reader know what Jesse's part was in fighting the evil power which was threatening the town in which he was living. The story ended with what looks to be a sequel in the future. Ordinarily, I would be looking forward to reading the next novel, but in this case I think I will pass.

No comments: