Monday, October 18, 2010

Teen's Top Ten

Self-proclaimed Manga Goddess, Kristin, is on vacation this week, but she asked me to blog this very important news---

Today YALSA announced the 2010 Teens' Top Ten list! More than 8,000 teens voted for their favorite book from the past year, and WWE star, Eve, announced the winning titles this morning. See if your favorite book made the list. See if your most hated book made the list. We'd love to hear what you think of the list, so comment away if you so desire.

And the winners are. . . drum roll please. . . . .

1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
2. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
3. Heist Society by Ally Carter
4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
7. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
9. Fire by Kristin Cashore
10. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Hmm, I do believe this list features mostly female main characters. I haven't read them all so I could be mistaken. Thoughts on that? I have read #1, #4, #8, #9 and #10. Looks like I need to read some more. . .

No comments: