Friday, June 03, 2011

I am currently sitting in my Anime Afternoon program watching Tsubasa and I started thinking about my goal of having a blog post each day that one of the teen librarians is working. No, I'm not going to be posting from home, but I want to give as many different reading choices I can to as many readers as possible.


Today I want to highlight the fantabulous manga series, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. I have a special place in my heart for Tsubasa since it has so many different characters from the CLAMP universe. For those uninitiated, it reads like an action adventure fantasy series. But those readers, who have devoured all that CLAMP created, will be able to recognize many characters and places from their various creations. It's the ultimate crossover manga masterpiece.


Tsubasa follows the adventures of Syaoran, Sakura, Fai, and Kurogane as they travel various worlds searching for the missing feathers that contain bits of Princess Sakura's soul and her memories. It's a new adventure for each feather, but the relationships between the four are ever growing and changing. It's a delight of a series since it has a little bit of every genre available. There are historical worlds, science fiction worlds, fantasy worlds. There's action, drama, humor, and romance. So much to offer in addition to the spectacular artwork that is in the recognizably CLAMP manga style.


I hope you all enjoy it! Next week in Anime Afternoons we're watching Evangelion 1.11 You are (not) alone. Hope to see you there!


And if you haven't signed up for the teen reading program--what are you waiting for? Sign up today

No comments: