Friday, July 01, 2011

Teen Books in the News

This past week, we've three different interesting things on the Internet about teen books or authors. I thought I'd share the info just in case you hadn't heard.

Earlier this week, John Green announced the title of his new book, The Fault in Our Stars. Then he announced that he would sign every pre-ordered copy. By 9 p.m. that night it was #1 on Amazon's bestselling list. (It currently is still #1). With no cover art, no description beyond "the story of two young cancer survivors" AND it doesn't come out until MAY, 2012. That's very awesome. John Green has some pretty amazing fans. You can read a story about this from the Wall Street Journal.

Next yesterday, I found out that Drew Barrymore has selected Heist Society by Ally Carter as her next directing project. I love when teen novels get made into movies. Not necessarily because the movies are so good (Blood and Chocolate was soooooo bad), but because it introduces new readers to the books and perhaps to other books in the collection. But I'm particularly excited about this movie deal. Ally Carter has great strong girl characters which stay true to the situations they are put in. I talked about I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you earlier this week. It's only fitting that I finish the week with her newest series.

And finally, for those Stephenie Meyer fans out there. No this isn't breaking news about a new Twilight story. I think I'm all Twlighted/Twilit out. No, her stand alone adult novel, The Host, is also being made into movie and has a release date! It also has a star, but I haven't heard who is directing it.

That's all the news I have to share today.

No comments: