Thursday, April 19, 2007

National Teen Literature Day!



Hurray for teen literature! I was thinking about what to post today on the first national teen literature day and since I haven't been reading a whole heck of a lot of teen lit books lately, I thought I'd talk about some I haven't read! Probably my favorite type of book is fantasies with faeries. Well, at least today it is. :)




Holly Black is a great author for the faerie fiction. My favorite is Tithe which was her first teen novel. Kaye is a 16 year old who has recently moved back to her childhood home discovers that the faeries from her childhood are real and not her forgotten imaginary friends and that they need her help to break away from the Unseelie Faerie Court. The sequel Ironside is on order now!


Some other interesting new faerie stories coming into the library soon are:


Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

This one sounds great. Karen's reading the advanced copy I brought back from ALA right now, so maybe she'll chime in! This modern faery tale brings Aislinn to the attention of Keenan, the Summer King faery, and he decides to make her his queen whether she wants to or not. Comes out in June!


The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones
This fantasy is already released and available at the library. Isn't the cover pretty! Anita, a supposedly regular teen, is taken to the realm of Faerie and discovers that she is the long-lost princess of the realm.
I hope you enjoy a great teen lit novel today to celebrate. I'm going to be reading Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith!


No comments: